With Purleve Products, You Can Leave a Public
Bathroom, and Leave the Germs Behind.
At Aquatemp, we believe that sustainability isn’t just about natural resources. It’s about people, too…as in, developing and making available innovative products to help promote good health.
That’s why Aquatemp has joined forces with Purleve, the company that manufactures a highly innovative family of non-germ-spreading products.
Purleve Fills a Global Need.
- Germs in human waste can pass through up to 10 layers of toilet paper. That means every time you handle toilet paper in a public restroom, you risk germ contact.
- Every time a toilet is flushed, up to 10,000 bacteria and viruses are made airborne.
- Over 80% of infectious diseases are transmitted by touch.
- Germs on fingertips double after using a restroom.
- Within one hour, 1,000 bacteria on a door handle multiply to 16,000.
- 1 in 3 people do not wash their hands before leaving a restroom use.
- It takes only 100 bacteria to infect a person.
Antimicrobial Product Protection
Purleve products – which incorporate patented Microban antimicrobial protection – fight the growth of bacteria that can cause stains, odors, and product deterioration. When germ- and bacteria-causing microbes come in contact with the door handle surface, the built-in anti-microbial penetrates the cell wall of the microbe and disrupts key cell functions so that the microbe cannot function, grow, or reproduce.
Microbes (or microorganisms) are living cells so small that they can only be viewed through a microscope. The naked eye is only able to detect the presence of microbes once they have multiplied to the hundreds of thousands. Under the right conditions, microbes can double in number every 15-20 minutes. Types of microorganisms include bacteria, yeasts, algae, fungi, and mould.